Tuesday, April 10, 2012

INGNYC

What is it about this race that I'm drawn to? I have no desire to run a marathon, but every April I find myself compelled to sign up for this race. Very odd. This morning I got to work, sipped coffee, logged onto the site and without a moment of contemplation signed up. Of course they had all of my info on there from last year making it too easy to click and sign up. I texted Amy right away, and got her to sign up too. I think we could pull it off if a BIG goal were in sight.

Re BIG, it has occurred to me that I don't do much in moderation. I do all or nothing. Right now I have been doing nothing. Eating Easter candy, sleeping in (school break), etc. If I don't get into the ING, which is likely with a 10% chance of success, I should just sign up for something and get moving. It's so hard to start from zero.

Last year I contemplated signing up and raising $3k for MS. This month is the 15 year anniversary of my diagnosis. Maybe it's a sign I should. I think I could raise $2k fairly easily from family and friends but the other $1k...not so sure. Facebook and Twitter could be helpful. I'll have to think about it.

Maybe I should do it.

If not now, when?

No comments:

Post a Comment