Monday, March 20, 2017

I survived week one of "pre-training"...weight training (dear God, so painful, borderline humiliatiting), treadmill (I SO prefer the outdoors!), and a "long" run of 5.5 on the bike path with Tracy. It was sunny, not windy, and quite enjoyable. I think my muscles are benefiting from the conditioning, and I am back at it again today. My heel is a concern. Plantar fasciitis has been nagging at me since October. Last night I got out my stash of epsom salts, took a hot tub with the jets pointed directly on my heel, and ...it felt worse later. I put compression socks on to wear to bed which actually seemed to help, and I have a gel pad on right now with my boots that I wore to work. I've also been sticking an ice pack on my heel whenever I have the opportunity. Down 7 lbs. Have 20 to go. Many more miles to run. Daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment